Beijing/Shanghai, China – Award-winning Asia-Pacific specialist CRO Novotech is presenting to biotechs and clinical specialists in Shanghai and Beijing this week with support from Austrade.
The Novotech CRO China team as well as Novotech CEO John Moller will present in an exclusive Executive Briefing on the benefits of working with Novotech as the leading and most experienced CRO with 23 years in the region.
Novotech has recently announced they are boosting staff numbers in the China offices by 30% following an increase in demand of up to 79% for clinical trials in China.
The Asia-Pacific in particular China is in high-demand for biotech clinical research:
“A global migration of clinical research is occurring from high-income countries to low and middle-income countries with emerging economies. Over the period 2017 to 2018, for example, the number of clinical trial sites opened by biotech companies in Asia-Pacific increased by 35% compared to 8% in the rest of the world, with growth as high as 79% in China.” (source GlobalData).
Novotech is increasingly working with promising Chinese biotech companies looking to accelerate their clinical development by taking advantage of the Australian environment.
Novotech CEO Dr John Moller said China offers the largest population in the world, rapid economic growth, and an increasing willingness by government to invest in research and development.
Key China Facts
- Relatively homogenous population (92% Han Chinese)
- Over 750 global companies have research centers in China
- Regulatory framework increasingly emulating the FDA structure
- Government pledge to dedicate USD18 billion to emerging biotechnologies in latest five-year plan
- Largest clinical research market in Asia and 5th largest clinical research market in the world.
- The China National Medical Products Administration (previously CFDA) is the main regulatory body in China.
- Evaluation of biologics is stringent requiring assessment by and approved evaluation center.
- The average timeline for regulatory approval is now about 8 months compared with up to 24 months previously.
Novotech, known as the Asia-Pacific CRO, has offices and teams through the region as well as partnerships and long-term relationships with major hospitals that directly benefit clients.
Novotech’s in-country relationships enable a more comprehensive understanding of local regulatory changes, access to leading PIs, strong site connections, and productive patient populations to deliver success for our clients within timelines and budgets.
Novotech was established in 1996, headquartered in Australia with offices in 15 locations across the Asia-Pacific region, 3 customer-facing offices in the United States and over 20 site partnerships with major health providers.