- Homogenous and concentrated population
- High quality medical services and excellent infrastructure
- The most active Asian country in clinical research after China, with over 400 sites opened by biopharmas companies in 2018
South Korea has a population of 51 million, offers world-class infrastructure and is fast becoming a hub for clinical trials in Asia.
The South Korean government has recently announced a new five-year plan that is expected to deliver valuable improvements that will attract even more clinical trials from international biotechnology companies. The Comprehensive Five-year Plan for the Advancement of Clinical Trials is aimed at further establishing the country as a leading research and clinical trial destination in the region and globally.
With 66 hospitals per million people, South Korea ranks second among OECD (Organization of Economic Cooperation and Development) members. Rapid start-up and recruitment are enabled by optimized recruitment practices and access to large numbers of patients.
Biotechnology look for high-quality infrastructure and low trial concentration to conduct their clinical studies, especially in oncology, immuno-oncology, infectious diseases, Vaccines, orphan and rare diseases.
Digestive diseases and cancers, such as gastric cancers, oesophageal cancer and other liver diseases are also highly prevalent in South Korea.
Novotech has established strong clinical teams in South Korea with deep local knowledge to deliver quality CRO and SMO services to biotechnology companies.
In addition, Novotech has partnered with key specialist hospital and research facilities as part of its Partner Program, giving Novotech clients direct access to the most active and reputable key opinion leaders, principal investigators and sites to facilitate study start-up and patient recruitment in South Korea.
These include partnerships with the following sites:
- Hepatology Division in Gastroenterology – Seoul National University Hospital
- Asan Medical Center
- CHA University Bundang Medical Center
- Kyunghee University Gangdong Hospital
- Pusan National University Hospital
- Ulsan University Hospital