Novotech is recognized as the Asia-Pacific full-service contract research organization (CRO).
Many biotechnology companies come to Australia to conduct early phase clinical trials and take advantage of straightforward regulatory streams and of the lucrative 43.5% R&D cash refund scheme. Biotechnology companies then often look at locations in Asia, such as South Korea, Thailand and China to tap into their huge treatment-naïve patient populations for their later phase clinical research.
Novotech has provided CRO services across a broad range of indications and treatment modalities including Oncology CRO services, Infectious diseases CRO services, Vaccines CRO services and Orphan CRO services.
Oncology CRO services and Immuno-Oncology CRO services
Biotechnology companies are facing increased challenges around participant recruitment and retention, lengthy timeframes and relatively high costs. For these reasons we observed a fast-growing interest from biotechnology companies to include the Asia-Pacific region for their Oncology drug development.
About half of Novotech’s projects are in Oncology and Immuno-Oncology. Novotech has built teams with deep expertise in Oncology and Immuno-Oncology and strong connections with Oncology key opinion leaders and sites in the Asia-Pacific region.
Infectious diseases and Vaccines CRO services
Novotech has completed over 150 projects in Infectious diseases and Vaccines clinical studies. Many biotechnology companies look at the Asia-Pacific region for their trials in Infectious diseases and Vaccines due to the high prevalence of diseases such as Hepatitis (Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C), HIV and Influenza across the region.
Orphan and rare disease drugs CRO services
Over the last years, we saw a major global effort in the clinical development of Orphan drugs. Asian countries have been implementing legal frameworks similar to the Orphan Drug Act used in the US, encouraging clinical trials in many locations including South Korea, Taiwan, Singapore and The Philippines. Our extensive experience as a clinical research organization across major therapeutic areas include:
- Analgesia - pain management
- Infectious Diseases - genital herpes, influenza, pneumonia, sepsis
- Anti-infectives - antivirals, novel antibiotics, vaccines
- Gastroenterology - cirrhosis, Crohn's disease, hemorrhoids, IBD
- Cardiovascular - acute coronary syndromes, CAD, CHF, chronic angina
- Oncology - a range of indications including breast, colorectal, glioma, head & neck, hepatic, melanoma, NSCLC, ovarian, pancreatic, prostate cancer
- CNS - ADHD, Alzheimer's, epilepsy, migraine, MS, sleep disorders, stroke
- Ophthalmology - glaucoma, macular degeneration
- Dermatology - actinic keratosis, basal cell carcinoma, hyperhidrosis, psoriasis, tinea
- Psychiatry - bipolar disease, depression, schizophrenia
- Endocrinology - diabetes type I and II, HRT, obesity, osteoporosis
- Respiratory & Allergy - asthma, bronchitis, cystic fibrosis, emphysema, pneumonia, rhinitis
- Hematology - CTCL, DVT, leukemia, lymphoma, myeloma, PTCL
- Rheumatology - Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid Arthritis.