Novotech Selects Oracle’s Siebel Clinical Trial Management
System to Support Continued Growth
Novotech Selects Oracle’s Siebel Clinical Trial Management System to Support Continued Growth
Sydney, Australia – 27 October, 2010
- Novotech, the largest independent clinical research organisation in Australia, has selected Oracle’s Siebel Clinical Trial Management System to support the company’s complete spectrum of clinical drug development and research.
- Novotech works with leading biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies to bring new healthcare products to the global market by offering a broad range of compliant clinical services. The company is headquartered in Australia with operations in India, New Zealand, South Korea and across Southeast Asia. The company has helped global customers conduct trials across a population base of more than 1.5 billion people in the Australasian region alone from first human exposure through to completion of Phase III trials.
- Novotech has been running a bespoke system to manage their clinical trial operations. Over time, the business has grown and expanded across the Asia Pacific rim. The existing system did not accommodate the evolving business needs of Novotech as it lacked scalability and flexibility.
- In order to support the company’s continued growth and an increasingly complex business, Novotech needed a system that was robust and could grow with their operations.
- Novotech selected Siebel Clinical Trial Management because it met the organisation’s present needs, is a recognised leader and is built on open standards allowing the company to integrate other business applications, such as its financial system.
- Siebel Clinical Trial Management will also serve as a centralised repository for all investigators to collect and track relevant information about research, including personal profiles to disease specialities. Information will be readily available to manage clinical trials at different tiers – local, regional and global.
- Siebel Clinical Trial Management will offer a consistent view of the clinical trials undertaken by Novotech and provide up to date information on clinical trial statuses across the organisation. Furthermore, Siebel Clinical Trial Management will provide a common platform that will assist Novotech to conduct their activities to achieve operational efficiencies.
- In addition to managing the end-to-end trial management process, Siebel Clinical Trial Management will assist to provide timely and accurate reports and dashboards to support tactical and strategic decision making.
- Novotech expects to see improved process efficiencies, better trial quality and lower trial costs from the implementation. Plans are underway to integrate Siebel Clinical with Novotech’s finance system. This will help streamline the business and support real time and accurate reporting, enabling traceability and auditability, and helping reduce the risk of errors due to manually entered information.
- “As we continue to expand, we need a system that can grow with our business operations and support our ability to run successful clinical trials across the globe. Novotech’s investment in this field with industry leading technology systems like Oracle’s Siebel Clinical showcases our efforts to be recognised as a world-class CRO, “said Alek Safarian, CEO Novotech Australia.
- “Oracle’s Siebel Clinical Trial Management System is a proven solution for managing successful clinical trials. We are pleased that Novotech recognises the benefits it provides in supporting the company’s ongoing and future clinical drug development and research,” said Neil de Crescenzo, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Oracle Health Sciences.
- Siebel Clinical Trial Management System
- Oracle in Life Sciences
- Oracle Health Sciences on Twitter
- Join the Oracle Health Sciences Community on Facebook
Headquartered in Sydney with a regional hub in Malaysia, Novotech is focused on the Asia Pacific region with operations in nine countries including India and South Korea. Novotech also has worldwide reach through the company’s network of strategic partners. Novotech, described by Frost & Sullivan as the best in its industry class for Australia based CROs, brings its global reputation for high quality service and regional expertise to the high-growth Asia Pacific area. As the largest independent CRO based in Australia, Novotech offers a level of flexibility and local knowledge that is unmatched among other contract research organisations in the region. Since 2006, Novotech has been recognised as Australia’s leading CRO by Frost & Sullivan in its Asia Pacific Excellence in Healthcare awards. For more information, please visit www.novotech-cro.com.
About Oracle Applications
Over 65,000 customers worldwide rely on Oracle’s complete, open and integrated enterprise applications to achieve superior results. Oracle provides a secure path for customers to benefit from the latest technology advances that improve the customer software experience and drive better business performance. Oracle Applications Unlimited is Oracle’s commitment to customer choice through continuous investment and innovation in current applications offerings. Oracle’s next-generation Fusion Applications build upon that commitment, and are designed to work with and evolve Oracle’s Applications Unlimited offerings. Oracle’s lifetime support policy helps ensure customers will continue to have a choice in upgrade paths, based on their enterprise needs. For more information on the latest Oracle Applications releases go to: www.oracle.com/applications
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world’s most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems company. For more information about Oracle, please visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Australian office: +61 2 9006 1614
USA office: +1650 7985238